I woke up to the smell of crackling bacon; it's a perfect way to start the day. Matthew made me a huge breakfast of French toast, bacon, and eggs just the way I like 'em (with mushrooms and green pepper...yum). And no proper English breakfast would be without the standard cup of tea, which I had in my brand-new,
beautiful tea-for-one set. The rest of day was spent lounging around with my sweetie, reading, snacking, watching movies...all my favorite things. And as a special treat, we found out Cambridge has a KFC. Nothing says "Emily feels loved" like fried chicken. And the cake: let's just say it was appropriately named the "Seriously Chocolate Cake." All in all, it was a pretty good day. But the reason it could be so great was simply because Matthew is absolutely the perfect man for me. The entire day, I kept thinking, "You know me
so well. This is exactly what I could have asked for." So lesson learned: Never spend another birthday without my perfect man; he'll take care of the rest. :)
3 comments:
Aww. :)
Somehow I remember something being said about posting every week . . . :)
Looking forward to your next post on the Big 2-4!
--Papa B.
Post a Comment